How do SEO Agencies work?
Reading Time: 5 minutes
Curious about SEO agencies? Learn how SEO agencies work their magic to optimise your online presence and improve rankings in our quick guide. When it comes to partnering with a professional SEO agency, there are a number of benefits for large and small businesses alike. As well as providing up-to-date SEO reports, answering your technical questions and getting most of the hard work completed on your behalf, an SEO agency can also get your website ranking at the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) and as a result, drive the right kind of traffic to your site which can ultimately boost your lead generation and conversion rate.
We’ve all heard about SEO – but what does an SEO agency actually do? At the end of the day, it comes down to the combination of a forward-thinking, data-driven strategy and a well-structured site. SEO is an investment that takes time. However, when implemented correctly, the payoff is worth the wait.
So what is SEO? And what can an SEO agency do for your business?
What is an SEO agency and how do they work?
These days, we’re all at the beck and call of the almighty algorithms. Search engine optimisation, known more commonly as SEO, refers to the process of improving your site for the purpose of increasing its visibility on search engines by playing to the rules of those algorithms – an SEO agency will manage that process on your behalf.
Before an SEO agency can build your strategy, they’ll need to understand the current state of your website as well as any trends or patterns occurring in your market niche. Your agency might ask you:
- Loading speeds – How well is your website performing right now?
- Keywords – What do you consider the most important keywords for your business?
- Schema markup – Do you use schema markup on your website?
- User experience – Is your website easy to use?
- Outbound & inbound links – Which websites do you connect to, and which websites link to yours?
These questions are hugely important. This is because in order for a business to succeed online, it must contend with some of the most sophisticated technology on the planet – search engine algorithms. As a website’s value to search engines and users alike is dependent on relevance and authority, the job of an SEO agency is to ensure a site and its content are properly optimised. To do so, your SEO partner will…
Complete keyword research
Keywords are arguably the most well-known components of SEO, not to mention the most important. In addition to helping users find information, keywords help search engines, such as Google, understand the main points of a page’s content meaning they can rank it accordingly.
An SEO agency can investigate all potential keywords that are relevant to your business as well as your product as/or service, before assessing how challenging it will be to rank for each one. SEO agencies will often set up strategies for the keywords with a high search volume and low competition first, before moving on to the more challenging keywords.
Although creating content can be a complicated process, the idea behind it is quite simple – users will be drawn to your website if you offer, relevant and useful information that:
- Solves their query
- Adds value to their day
Ensuring your site features relevant, high-quality content can help your website boost your lead generation and maximise conversions by drawing in the right kind of traffic. Your SEO agency should be able to advise you on the kind of content you need for your site, as well as ways you can optimise it properly. This will ensure a steady stream of visitors to your site.
Dependant on your SEO partner, your agency may also be able to create the content for you. To do so, they’ll need a team of graphic designers and copywriters who’ll work closely with your business to create on-brand, immersive and compelling content for your website and social media.
Optimise your site for mobile
As the majority of website traffic is smartphone-based, it’s pivotal you ensure your site is optimised for multiple devices – not just a desktop computer. This is where your SEO agency comes in. They’ll make sure mobile and tablet users alike can access your site and have a good experience. Failing to do so can increase your bounce rate which can ultimately harm your search engine rank.
Speed up your website
If your website is sluggish then your bounce rate will increase – and search engines will notice. This is even the most patient person won’t stick around if a website takes a long time to load.
Slow loading times can harm your SEO strategy as well as your rank in search engines. The good news is your SEO agency can identify the improvements that are needed and resolve them, resulting in a quicker site and a more efficient user experience.
Once your SEO strategy is in place and your site has been optimised properly, it’s as simple as waiting for the results to start rolling in. Although it can take some time to see results, your SEO agency will continue to monitor your website on an ongoing basis. They’ll compile your data, including user interactions, and proactively tinker with your campaign to ensure you’re seeing the best results. These insights can include clickthrough rates and session duration, and will ultimately tell you and your SEO partner how visitors are interacting with your website.
SEO at Priority Pixels
In conclusion, there will always be potential for development and improvement when it comes to your website. It’s important to remember you are never alone in the race for the top rank, which is why your SEO strategy should be modified and maintained on an ongoing basis.
Search engine optimisation techniques are constantly evolving. That’s why it takes time to develop, implement, and monitor an SEO strategy, especially if you have no prior experience in digital marketing. Fortunately, SEO agencies can take the hassle out of your optimising your website, and give your business the time to concentrate on what matters – growth and success.
At Priority Pixels, we’ve been implementing bespoke SEO strategies for our clients since 2016. Our professional team of strategists and content creators have the experience to create a successful, forward-thinking SEP campaign for your business that drives the right kind of traffic right to your digital door.
Are SEO agencies worth it?
Yes, SEO agencies can be worth the investment for several reasons:
- Expertise: SEO agencies have specialised knowledge and experience to navigate the complex world of search engine algorithms.
- Time-Saving: Outsourcing SEO tasks frees up your time to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Effective Strategies: Agencies employ data-driven strategies for optimal results.
- Long-Term Benefits: A well-executed SEO campaign can provide lasting benefits and a solid online presence.
How much does an agency charge for SEO?
The cost of SEO services from an agency can vary widely based on several factors. These factors include the scope of work required, the size and complexity of your website, the level of competition in your industry, the geographical scope of the campaign, and the reputation and expertise of the agency itself.
Pricing Models: SEO agencies typically offer different pricing models, such as monthly retainers, hourly rates, project-based fees, or performance-based fees. The average cost of SEO services can range significantly depending on the size of your business and the level of services required. Small businesses might spend around £500 – £2,000 per month, while medium to large businesses could invest £2,000 – £10,000 or more monthly.
Additional Costs: It’s important to consider that there might be additional costs beyond the base fee. These could include content creation, technical fixes, link building, or even running paid advertising campaigns alongside SEO efforts.
Reputable Agencies: While budget considerations are important, investing in a reputable agency often brings expertise, proven strategies, and a track record of delivering results. Reputable agencies might charge higher fees due to their expertise, but they can provide a solid return on investment.
Choosing Wisely: When comparing quotes from different agencies, make sure to clarify the services included in each package, ask for case studies or examples of past successes, and seek transparent communication regarding progress and results.
Ultimately, the cost of SEO services should be viewed as an investment in your online visibility and business growth. It’s important to choose an agency that aligns with your goals, offers a comprehensive strategy, and provides value for your budget.
What will an SEO agency do?
An SEO agency offers a range of services aimed at improving your website’s search engine visibility, organic traffic, and overall online presence. Here’s an overview of what an SEO agency typically does:
- Keyword Research: SEO agencies conduct in-depth keyword research to identify the terms and phrases your target audience is using to search for products or services related to your business.
- On-Page Optimisation: This involves optimising various on-page elements like meta tags, headings, content, and URLs to ensure they are relevant to the targeted keywords and user intent.
- Technical SEO: Agencies address technical aspects of your website to ensure it’s easily crawlable and indexable by search engines. This includes fixing issues like broken links, improving site speed, and implementing schema markup.
- Content Strategy: SEO agencies develop a content strategy to create valuable, relevant, and optimised content that addresses user queries and helps establish your website as an authoritative source.
- Link Building: Building high-quality backlinks from reputable websites is a crucial aspect of SEO. Agencies work to acquire relevant and authoritative links to improve your website’s credibility.
- Local SEO: If your business has a local presence, agencies optimise your online profiles, create location-specific content, and manage online reviews to improve local search visibility.
- Analytics and Reporting: SEO agencies use tools to monitor key metrics such as rankings, organic traffic, and conversions. They provide regular reports to track progress and make data-driven decisions.
- Competitor Analysis: Agencies analyse your competitors to identify opportunities and strategies that can give you a competitive edge.
- Algorithm Updates: SEO agencies stay updated on search engine algorithm changes and adjust strategies accordingly to ensure your website maintains or improves its ranking positions.
- Continuous Improvement: SEO is an ongoing process. Agencies continually analyse data, make adjustments, and refine strategies to adapt to changes in the digital landscape.
In essence, an SEO agency’s goal is to help your website rank higher in search engine results, drive targeted organic traffic, enhance user experience, and ultimately contribute to your business’s online success. Each agency’s approach may vary based on your goals, industry, and specific needs.
What are the 4 stages of SEO?
The process of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) typically involves four key stages, each contributing to improving a website’s visibility and performance in search engine results:
- Keyword Research and Analysis: This initial stage involves identifying relevant keywords and phrases that your target audience is likely to search for. Through thorough research, SEO professionals determine the search volume, competition, and user intent behind these keywords.
- On-Page Optimisation: In this stage, the focus is on optimising the various on-page elements of your website to align with the chosen keywords. This includes optimising meta tags, headings, content, URLs, and image alt text. The goal is to make the content more relevant and accessible to search engine crawlers and users.
- Off-Page Optimisation and Link Building: Off-page optimisation revolves around building high-quality, authoritative backlinks from other reputable websites to your own. These backlinks signal to search engines that your content is valuable and trustworthy. Link building helps improve your website’s credibility and search engine rankings.
- Monitoring, Analysis, and Continuous Improvement: SEO is an ongoing process. In this stage, SEO professionals monitor key metrics such as rankings, organic traffic, and conversions. They analyse the data to identify trends, successes, and areas for improvement. Regular assessments lead to refinements in the strategy, adapting to algorithm changes, and staying ahead of competition.
It’s important to note that these stages are interconnected and require continuous attention. Successful SEO involves not only optimising technical aspects but also creating valuable content, building relationships, and adapting to the ever-evolving search engine algorithms. An effective SEO strategy encompasses all four stages to enhance your website’s online presence and achieve sustainable results.